Give your soil what it really wants!
Your soil will love our compost, because McGill SoilBuilder is a premium product. It is ideal for use as a topdressing, soil amendment or mix ingredient. SoilBuilder compost rebuilds poor soil by increasing organic matter, replenishing the soil microbes responsible for nutrient uptake and improving water management.
Manufactured from 100% recycled content, McGill SoilBuilder compost is a product you can feel good about. It makes lawns, turfgrass, gardens and ornamentals look great while helping the planet. But best of all, SoilBuilder compost is cost-effective and offers outstanding performance:
- Reduces irrigation requirements up to 50%
- Reduces stormwater runoff up to 50%
- Reduces pollutant loads in stormwater runoff
- Improves percolation for better drainage
- Holds more nutrients at the root zone
- Improves nutrient uptake
- Reduces compaction for better root development
McGill SoilBuilder is STA-certified under the U.S. Composting Council’s Seal of Testing Assurance program.
SoilBuilder compost: applications
McGill SoilBuilder compost is a truly versatile product designed to meet a range of needs:
- Establish and maintain lawn and turfgrass (seed and sod) with McGill SoilBuilder compost. For active playing surfaces, use McGill SportsTurf compost.
- Container mixes and nursery applications
- Horse hay and pasture
- Landscaping, gardening, and making topsoil
- Stormwater management, and sediment/erosion control
- Riparian buffers
- Biofiltration and bioremediation
McGill SoilBuilder compost is easy to spread, mix and use:
|Topdressing||Core-aerate making 4 to 5 passes over the area to be top-dressed. Apply 1/4 to 1/2 inch of SoilBuilder using a standard spreader or apply by hand. Rake or back-drag into turf canopy and core holes.|
|Soil amendment||Use 1 inch of compost for every 3–4 inches of desired incorporation depth.|
|Blends and mixes||Compost is a concentrate — use up to 30% compost in the formulation.|
|Topsoil||Blend 1 part compost with 2 parts native soil.|